Webcast: Technology Enabling Decarbonization & Circularity in the Aluminum Industry
As the leader in the manufacturing of sustainable aluminum solutions and recycling, Novelis takes its responsibility to reduce the carbon footprint of the aluminum industry seriously. Our extensive use of recycled aluminum – currently 57% of our inputs – is at the core of our innovative, circular business model.
We are leveraging technology to enable circularity and the decarbonization of the aluminum industry and we are dedicated to investing in innovative clean technologies. The “Technology Enabling Decarbonization and Circularity” webcast proposes to show how Novelis, as a partner of the World Economic Forum’s newly formed aluminum sector of the First Movers Coalition (FMC), is investing in clean tech companies.
In order to continue to increase the amount of recycled content in its automotive alloys and subsequently reduce its carbon footprint, Novelis has partnered with Sortera Alloys, an innovative industrial scrap metal sorting and recycling company. This partnership helps Novelis recycle and re-use higher amounts of both automotive post-production and post-consumer scrap by effectively separating the mixed scrap into individual alloys. This separation allows Novelis to recycle material back into the same product, closing the loop.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Overview of how Novelis is investing in innovative technologies to support its carbon reduction goals
- Discover how Novelis and Sortera are working to truly close the end-of-life loop in the automotive industry
- Learn about how we are sorting and separating alloys to increase recycled content in the automotive industry.
- Jon Smieja, Vice President of Circularity & Senior Analyst, GreenBiz Group
- Suzanne Lindsay Walker, Vice President, Sustainability, Novelis
- Derek Prichett, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Novelis
- Michael Siemer, CEO, Sortera Alloys
If you can’t tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the webcast recording and resources, available to you on-demand after the live webcast.
Connect with the Experts
Vice President, Sustainability, Novelis
Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, Novelis
CEO, Sortera Alloys